Tartaruga Maritima - Luxury Tented Camp
Situated in the extreme south of the pristine Mozambique coastline, alongside Ponta Malongane (16km from the South African border), our private and exclusive self-catering luxury tented camp offers comfort, privacy and tranquility to the discerning nature lover and adventurer.
Tartaruga luxury tented camp is perfectly designed to blend into the surrounding coastal forest. The tents are housed on raised wooden platforms with verandah decks furnished with chairs and tables. offering an excellent hideout for birding or just enjoying the tranquility of the camp.
The camp consists of eight suites (five double tents, two three-bed tents and one three-bed log cabin). The interiors are luxuriously appointed with all the home comforts. Each tent has an en-suite bathroom with hot and cold running water, comfortable beds, mosquito netting, a discreet overhead fan as well as an electric kettle and coffee and tea-making tray. There are electric plug points for the use of the guests.
For your peace of mind, all suites are equipped with in-room safes for the safe-keeping of cash, travel documents and other valuables.
At Tartaruga we are pleased to offer our guests the following facilities:
- Large communal deck with a spectacular sea view
- Bar area with a bar fridge and glasses
- Dining area with tables and chairs, that are set by the staff for breakfast and dinner with table cloths, crockery, cutlery and candles for dinner
- A fully-equipped kitrchen with an oven, stove, toaster, hot plate, pots, pans, all crockery and cutlery needed, fridges and deepfreezes
- Gas braai on the large communal deck
- A 'boma' area with a firepit for you to enjoy the ambience of the bush at night. For those who wish to braai with wood, there is a Weber braai as well. Wood can be bought in the local village
- A small circular pool flows in a 3m deep diving pool
- Secure Dive Room for storing all dive and beach equipment
|(Luxury Tents )||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|per person per night||R520.00||R690.00||N/A|
|Mid-Week Specials (pppn)||R495.00||N/A||N/A|