Gala Gala Eco Resort & Diving
Nestled in a picturesque indigenous bush just south of Ponta do Ouro, Gala-Gala Eco Resort offers the space and scenery for those who want a tranquil and relaxing holiday. The resort boasts deluxe cabanas for the more discerning visitors, highly popular standard reed cabanas for families or groups and spacious private campsites. Gala-Gala Eco Resort offers a unique holiday experience in Ponta do Ouro; tough to match according to our many loyal returning visitors.
Gala-Gala Eco Resort is an owner managed operation, ensuring personal attention and service. The resort's many alluring features include a stunning Moroccan style boma/braai area with a splash pool, a cosy, rustic bar and the Blue Zebra café for resident guests to enjoy delicious and interesting food. It boasts a quiet sandy beach just a few minutes walk from the resort as well as amazing butterflies, birdlife and pristine amenities. Ponta do Ouro bay is very fortunate to have regular visits from dolphins and seasonal hump back whales which can all be experienced through our on site scuba diving operator, Blowing Bubbles. Dolphin swims, snorkelling excursions and deep sea fishing can also be arranged at the resort.
A stone's throw away from the bustling town of Ponta do Ouro, Gala-Gala Eco Resort is a safe quiet and friendly environment to enjoy your holidays all year round.
- We try to keep the Resort eco-friendly with low noise levels. No quad bikes are allowed. Music is not allowed & low noise levels must be maintained after 10:00pm.
- We are located in the bush and share our environment with the local creatures, please keep your doors/tents zipped closed and don’t leave food out for the monkeys.
- The camp is on septic tanks.
Gala Gala Eco Resort - Standard Reed Cabanas
Our standard reed cabanas are nestled in bushy, tropical gardens. There are 2 x 4 sleeper (single beds) and 7 x 2 sleeper reed cabanas (double or twin available). There are electric lights, power, fans and mozzie nets in all standard reed cabanas. They have spacious, spotless shared bathrooms, showers and toilets with fun interesting finishes (2 of the 2 sleeper cabanas have en-suite bathrooms). There is a large well equipped communal kitchen for those who want to self-cater which has gas cookers, fridges and all the necessary cooking equipment and utensils. There is a large, social dining area, boma/braai area, splash pool, bar and café offering some unique dining experiences. The standard reed cabanas are ideal for families, friends and social groups.
We suggest you bring -
- Towels and personal toiletries.
- Mozzie repellent spray or cream (no candles or coils allowed).
- A torch.
- Medium size cooler box for drinks
- Fire lighters – wood and charcoal can be purchased in the market.
- Food for those self-catering – there is a local market, bottle store, butcher and bakery in town so most things are available locally but we tend to recommend you bring your own food and drinks. There are several restaurants in town if you wish to eat out.
- Reed cabanas have beds, bed linen, mosquito nets and electric lights. The Cabanas also have fans.
- The communal kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary kitchen items including a gas cookers and fridges. The fridges are shared but if the resort is not full we will try to allocate you your own fridge. Please note that the fridges are primarily for food storage so we ask that you bring a medium size cooler box for your drinks.
- The kitchen & cabanas are serviced by the staff to keep the dishes washed and the area tidy. If you wish to leave a tip for them at the end of your stay please give it to us and we will pass it on to the staff.
|(per cabana per night)||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2 Sleeper Std Reed Cabanas||R650.00||R750.00||N/A|
|2 Sleeper Std Reed Cabanas (en-suite)||R800.00||R950.00||N/A|
|Single occupancy (en-suite)||R550.00||R950.00||N/A|
|4 Sleeper Std Reed Cabanas||R1,250.00||R1,400.00||N/A|
Gala Gala Eco Resort - Private Campsites
Gala-Gala Eco Resort offers private campsites which can accommodate up to 12 people. Our campsites are very private as each one is enclosed by a reed fence. Each site has its own bathroom (toilet paper is supplied), outside wash up area, lights and power (SA 3 pin plugs). The sites are grassed and level. Cleaners can be hired for a daily fee. Each site is approximately 12 x 20 metres so they are ideal for families and big groups. Minimum 6 people per campsite in high season. There is a large swimming pool located adjacent to the camp sites with a spacious grass area and braai facilities for picnics.
We suggest you bring:
- All necessary camping equipment including tents, braais, cookers, fridge/freezer.
- Mozzie repellent spray or cream.
- Fan in summer season.
- Fire lighters – wood and charcoal can be purchased at the market.
- Food – there is a local market, supermarket, bottle store and bakery in town so most things are available locally but we recommend you bring your own food and drinks. There are several restaurants in town if you wish to eat out.
- We do not allow fires to be made on the ground.
- The reed cabana part of our resort has separate facilities from the camp sites which are exclusively for clients staying in the reed cabanas section. This includes the kitchens, bathrooms, braai facilities and splash pool area. Please respect the privacy of the other clients staying with us.
|(Camp Sites - Private )||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|per person per night||R170.00||N/A||N/A|
|per person per night (min. 6 people)||N/A||R210.00||N/A|
|per person per night (persons 6 - 10)||N/A||R180.00||N/A|
Gala Gala Eco Resort Deluxe Reed Cabanas
Our deluxe cabanas, are set under the cool indigenous trees. We have one 2 sleeper and two 4 sleeper units. Each unit has a beautifully appointed bedroom, which sleeps 2 people. There is a spacious en-suite bathroom, fully-equipped kitchen and a dining and braai area in front of each unit. Your unit also comes with a hammock, fan, mozzie net, plug points & electric lights. The 4 sleeper deluxe cabanas have an additional reed cabana located adjacent to the main cabanas which can be double or twin share and has electric light, mozzie net, fan and power, it is ideal for children or additional friends who want to join. Includes towels. Kitchens and cabanas are serviced daily. The splash pool area with the bar and café is ideal for those who would like to spoil themselves and choose a catered option for their stay.
|(per cabana per night)||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2 Sleeper Deluxe Reed Cabana||R1,150.00||R1,300.00||N/A|
|4 Sleeper Deluxe Reed Cabana||R1,700.00||R1,900.00||N/A|